Historic Old West Horseback Rides
Ride Where Legends Rode
Join award winning creators & hosts
Steve & Marcie Shaw
for an inspiring and exhilarating adventure……..
Book your reservation today!!
Great American Adventures offers the following Historic Horseback Ride for 2021:
Monument Valley, Arizona and Utah
“Courage is Being Scared to Death and Saddling Up Anyway”
~ October 25 – 29, 2021 ~
~ November 1 – 5, 2021 ~
Inquire about availability of Dates
$2,295.00 Per Person | $750 Non-Refundable Deposit Required to Hold Your Saddle
Includes: Horses, Tack, Food, private tours & historians
All rides are Suitable for All Riding Levels
~ Beyond the Usual Horseback Riding Adventure ~
Great American Adventures’ Historic Old West Horseback Rides…
your gateway to one unforgettable vacation
Blaze trails once traversed by the West’s most notorious, heroic, and iconic old west characters and Western film stars:
Our historic old west horseback rides ensure a memorable – some would say jaw-dropping – adventure. From Monument Valley’s holy grail of scenic movie locations to Tombstone’s deadliest streets, these award-winning, week-long rides are suitable for all riding levels, from the beginner to the seasoned rider.
Our 4- and 5-day historic horseback riding excursions are based on Western legends:
These adventures are built around our love of the history of the old west, celebrated historic events, and the pure enjoyment of Western films. Follow the hoof-prints of Wyatt Earp, Butch Cassidy, Jesse James, Billy the Kid, George A. Custer, Wild Bill Hickok, Buffalo Bill Cody, Quanah Parker, the ever popular Western movie icons John Wayne and Randolph Scott, and more.
Travel to prominent Old West locales and the occasional movie locations:
We’ve traveled from Montana’s battle-scarred plains to New Mexico’s water-ravaged arroyos; navigated Monument Valley’s gritty crags to Colorado’s snow-covered San Juan peaks; swam horses across the Little Bighorn’s swollen river and scouted Cochise’s Stronghold in the Dragoon Mountains; trailed the Hole-in-the-Wall Gang’s escape and made movie magic near Tombstone, Tucson and Santa Fe; shadowed Wyoming’s eerie ghost towns and debated the controversial shootout at Cottonwood Springs; listened to Sitting Bull’s great grandson’s retelling of the vision quest and Wyatt Earp’s great grandnephew’s one-man presentation; and, experienced the heart-thumping excitement of robbing trains to riding among the buffalo.
Our knowledgeable and renown historians separate Hollywood myth from historic fact and bring the Old West to life:
- Bob Boze Bell – Historian, author, and True West magazine publisher.
- Marshal Trimble – Arizona’s Official Historian.
- Don Taylor – Tombstone’s Official Historian.
- Mary Doria Russell – guest lecturer and author of the novels “Doc” and “Epitaph”…. And a Vendetta Rider herself.
- Larry McMurtry – Academy Award winner, Pulitzer Prize Winner and author of “Lonesome Dove”.
- Rob Word – Hollywood executive producer and producer of the Golden Boot Awards and his social media “A Word on Westerns”.
- Bruce Boxleitner – actor, author and equestrian (imaging riding down Allen Street, waving at the crowd, with Bruce sitting on a horse next to you).
- Wyatt Earp – a direct descendant of the Earp’s – offering his presentations of Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday.
- Casey Tefertiller – the definitive historian on Wyatt and author of “Wyatt Earp: The Life Behind the Legend”.
- Gary L. Roberts – the definitive historian on Doc Holliday and author of “Doc Holliday: The Life and Legend”.
- Charlie One Horse, Native American/Yaqui historian.
- Kennard & Henry Realbird, Native American/Crow historians.
- Steve Alexander, recognized by Congress as the foremost living historian for George Armstrong Custer.
- Ernie LaPointe, Sitting Bull’s great grandson.
- And, so many more….
By escaping into the past you will learn “Cowboy Up” is not so much about ability and skill as it is attitude and commitment…
You’ll experience the infectious camaraderie among like-minded people; create life-long friendships; and become rooted in what clients call the GAA Family.
Take part in our enriching horseback rides and tours. Experience a colorful look back into the glory days of the Wild West. Discover the Wild West’s most notable characters and incredible history. Join Great American Adventures’ exciting 4- and 5-day horseback riding tours throughout the Wild West territories, located at historic Wild West sites.
Clients Applaud Their Experiences
“Hands-down the absolute best, most historical adventures ever! I do not think anyone else has or will come close”;
“I started on this adventure green… will finish with GRIT”;
“The ride was hundred times better than its description”;
“On a scale of one to 10, I’d rate this ride a 15”;
“These rides… are truly unique events that become remarkable life experiences”;
“I don’t know how you’re able to offer these rides and the things you provide for the price – I think it’s a bargain”;
“Your consistent offerings of high quality, incredibly well-valued trips and products prove to me that you deserve your success because you have earned it.
“Looking at my July issue of Cowboys and Indians, page 40, in the Open Range – The Best of the West section of the magazine – there is a very nice article
about you and Marcie, and Great American Adventures. It’s great that you’re recognized as offering the Best of the West!
I, along with several others, have known it for quite some time”;
“Thank you for what you and Marcie do to keep the Western spirit alive through your History and Movie Rides as well as your book and your communications”;
“The friendships I have made with you and through you are very important to me. Your Rides are my Western get-together’s, and I wouldn’t trade them for anything.”