Great American Adventures has scheduled the following
Historic Wild West Horseback Rides
Simply ‘Click’ on the Ride Title to proceed to that ride’s page and review all of the details
Don’t Wait to Book: Our Historic Wild West Horseback Rides can and will vary from year-to-year. Too often people lament, too late, that they wanted to join a ride only to see it has been removed … usually to make room for new rides. Go to the Testimonial page or the Gallery page to see all the past rides based on historical characters.
Over the years, our historic horseback rides and tours have centered around such memorable and illustrious Wild West characters such as:
- General George Armstrong Custer’s “Ride to Glory” at the Little Bighorn, MT;
- Jeremiah Johnson’s “Wilderness Ride” in Jackson Hole, WY;
- Billy the Kid’s “Regulator Ride” in Lincoln, NM;
- Butch Cassidy’s “Hole-in-the Wall Ride” outside of Kaycee, WY;
- Quanah Parker’s “Comanche Moon Ride” in Palo Duro Canyon, TX;
- Kit Carson’s “Wagon’s Ho! Ride” in Canyon de Chelly, AZ;
- Jesse James’ “Great Train Robbery” in Durango & Silverton, CO;
- “Ghost Town Ride” in South Pass, WY;
- “Ride the Reel West” in Santa Fe, NM (a movie-making experience);
- And we went international with our European ride in Sicily, “The Ride With No Name.”
Rides change. More changes are guaranteed as new rides materialize. If you see a ride on your “bucket list,” don’t wait too long to join the adventure.
Testimonial: “To be quite honest, after participating in five of your rides and planning on attending two next year, I no longer care what we do or where we go. It is such a great escape for me each time I do any of your rides. They have become the tonic that keeps me going through the rest of the year and something to look forward to each year. To tell you the truth, Steve, these rides and getting to play cowboy like this has become a mecca for me. It is so great to spend a couple of weeks each year totally escaping from all the crap engulfing us each day, really. You and Marcie are doing a great thing and I’m certain that I am not the only one that feels this way about your rides.”
Bob Crabb, “Doc Crabb,” Sequin, Texas
~ 2019 Deposits Now Being Accepted ~
SOLD OUT for 2018 – Sign Up for 2019 Wait List
“Deadwood… It’s a Hell of a Place to Make Your Fortune”
September 2 – 7, 2018
ONLY 1 SLOT Remains Open – BOOK IT NOW!!
“You Tell’em I’m Comin’ and Hell’s Comin’ with me!”
Join Wyatt Earp’s quest for retribution against the Cow-boys
~ The Most Historic Ride You Will Embark Upon ~
October 14 – 19, 2018
“Courage is Being Scared to Death but Saddling Up Anyway.”
John Wayne fan? Who isn’t? Ride into film history!
Monument Valley, Arizona / Utah
November 5 – 9, 2018