Great American Adventures has scheduled the following
Historic Wild West Horseback Rides
Simply ‘Click’ on the Ride Title to proceed to that ride’s page and review all of the details
Don’t Wait to Book: Our Historic Wild West Horseback Rides can and will vary from year-to-year. Too often people lament, too late, that they wanted to join a ride only to see it has been removed … usually to make room for new rides. Go to the Testimonial page or the Gallery page to see all the past rides based on historical characters.
Over the years, our historic horseback rides and tours have centered around such memorable and illustrious Wild West characters such as:
- General George Armstrong “Custer’s Ride to Glory” at the Little Bighorn, MT;
- “Jeremiah Johnson’s Wilderness Ride” in Jackson Hole, WY;
- “Billy the Kid’s Regulator Ride” in Lincoln, NM;
- “Butch Cassidy’s Hole-in-the Wall Ride” outside of Kaycee, WY;
- “Quanah Parker’s Comanche Moon Ride” in Palo Duro Canyon, TX;
- “Kit Carson’s Wagon’s Ho! Ride” in Canyon de Chelly, AZ;
- “Jesse James’ Great Train Robbery” in Durango & Silverton, CO;
- “Ghost Town Ride” in South Pass, WY;
- “Ride the Reel West” in Santa Fe, NM (a movie-making experience);
- “Wyatt Earp’s Vendetta Ride” in Tombstone, AZ;
- “Wild Bill Hickok’s Last Ride” in Deadwood & the Black Hills, SD;
- “John Wayne’s Monument Valley” Ride in Monument Valley, AZ;
- “Randolph Scott’s Ride Lonesome” in Lone Pine, CA;
- “Buffalo Bill Cody’s Great Scout Ride” in Cody, WY;
- We went international with our European ride in Sicily, “The Ride With No Name.”
Rides change. More changes are guaranteed as new rides materialize. If you see a ride on your “bucket list,” don’t wait too long to join the adventure.
Testimonial: “To be quite honest, after participating in five of your rides and planning on attending two next year, I no longer care what we do or where we go. It is such a great escape for me each time I do any of your rides. They have become the tonic that keeps me going through the rest of the year and something to look forward to each year. To tell you the truth, Steve, these rides and getting to play cowboy like this has become a mecca for me. It is so great to spend a couple of weeks each year totally escaping from all the crap engulfing us each day. You and Marcie are doing a great thing and I’m certain that I am not the only one that feels this way about your rides.”
Bob Crabb, “Doc Crabb,” Sequin, Texas
“I was destined to lead a life on the Plains”
~ September 13 – 18, 2020 ~
$2,295.00 Per Person | $750 Non-Refunded Deposit Required
“You Tell’em I’m Comin’ and Hell’s Comin’ with me!”
~ October 11 – 16, 2020 ~
~ The Most Historic Ride You Will Embark Upon ~
$2,395.00 Per Person | $750 Non-Refunded Deposit Required
Monument Valley, Arizona / Utah
“Courage is Being Scared to Death but Saddling Up Anyway.”
~ November 2 – 6, 2020 ~
$2,295.00 Per Person | $500 Non-Refunded Deposit Required
Testimonial: My questions to you are the same questions ole George Jones would ask if he were around today. Seriously…..
“Who’s gonna fill your shoes?” “Who’s gonna stand that tall?”
Contrary to what some may believe, not just anyone can do what you do. Nor would they want to, because it involves serious preparation…..called “WORK.”
Perhaps what you do is a “calling” or a “gift”. Everyone understands that a “gift” can not be reproduced.
Your effort in organizing these Western ride vacations are much more than a “vacation”. They are history lessons and an opportunity to ride where our heroes created history…..good guy…..OR….bad guy……all of the “good or bad” being relative to our perception of right and wrong according to the era in which our heroes lived.
So the questions remain Steve…….. Who’s gonna ride where heroes died? Who’s gonna tell history of legends past?
Adrain Lane, aka “Bat McAlister,” Jacksonville, FL